Young rider live-in training at Haras du Ry.
Haras Du Ry live-in training program concentrates on ensuring you have a thorough knowledge of the business of international show jumping based in a safe, high quality, multi lingual environment (English, French and Portuegese). In 2009 Amy Graham arrived in Europe alone with 2 horses from Australia. 10 years later she is proud to be able to support students from any country to experience international competition, using Haras du Ry as a professional base. Whether you have long term ambitions to stay or want a short term visit to gain international experience, Haras du Ry is the place to be.
Live-in student program.
What do we do for you at Haras du Ry during your time as a student…
- Be coached by Amy Graham and other senior Haras Du Ry stable riders.
- Compete at CSI YR, YH, Am-B, 1-5 star international events as you progress in ability and experience
- Compete at National French shows
- We take care of all entries, health papers, transport, accommodation at shows as well as providing competition grooms.
- We provide training at the shows, warm up, course walk, video the round and provide feedback and analysis after the round
- Share accommodation on-site in La Belle Maison, a fully furnished farm house able to accommodate 6-8 students with shared or individual bedrooms & bathrooms, shared kitchen, living and laundry. Including all Wi Fi, water, heating & electricity costs the accommodation is fully maintained by Haras du Ry.
- Participate fully in all stable, grooming and riding activities daily.
- Be involved daily in all aspects of international sport horse facility management and veterinary, osteo, farrier and nutrition for international sport horse management.
- Groom your horse to an international competition level.
- Develop your skills as a rider of young and competition horses suitable for an international stable.
- Develop the confidence and knowledge to “market” yourself in your chosen area of the equestrian industry. For students who show the appropriate level of skill and dedication we will help you gain your first job in Europe as a groom or rider.
- Gain basic French speaking skills.
- Learn all aspects of managing your European competition career ie horse health papers, entries, understanding the Longines ranking system, Young Horse/National & International shows.
- Client placements are a minimum of three months. We have students who have been at Haras du Ry for 3 years.
- We will help with VISA applications if needed
You are expected to have your own horse/s, groomed and trained by you. This is essential to achieving the best experience while at Haras du Ry. You and your horse/s will become an integral part of Haras du Ry which has up to 65 horses in residence.
If you do not have horses to bring you are expected to lease or purchase a horse in Europe. Students find that they have the best experience by having a minimum of 2 horses although some have up to 4. We can source suitable lease horses for your time at Haras du Ry. Alternatively you may want to purchase horses. We will help you find your perfect horse/s after you have arrived and we have assessed your capability.
Contact Amy Graham for a quote depending on your specific needs as the charges vary depending on the number of horses you bring or wish to lease and the number and type of competitions you wish to attend as a competitor.
With any activity involving horses and international competitions there is a lot of administration. As soon as you confirm you are coming for a season we will commence this work with you.
It will include:
- International competitors licence
- French National competitors license
- Medical check for French license
- Gaining show entries
- French phone
- Supported access to banking, medical facilities
Gabrielle Marie is our office manager who will complete all administration requirements for your stay. Gabrielle’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Haras Du Ry – Ferme de la Gancellerie, 50500, Brévands, FR
© SAS Haras Du Ry All Rights Reserved 2018
Haras Du Ry